Poltorak, Jovanovich discuss reforms in Ukrainian army
Ukraine’s Defense Minister and U.S. Ambassador met in Kyiv on September 6
‘The reforms in the Armed Forces of Ukraine go as planned, according to the strategic documents that we developed with the aid of foreign counselors, taking into account NATO experience. Now, we have a clear plan of reforms to see that by 2020, the Armed Forces are fully compatible with standards of NATO troops’, Stepan Poltorak said during the meeting.
The minister thanked the United States for their assistance to Ukraine, told the Ambassador about the latest developments in Donbas, adding that the threat of full-scale Russian invasion remains.
Marie Jovanovich, in turn, said that the U.S. side will keep on working to deepen the bilateral cooperation between the countries.
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars