Polozov: Savchenko may resume waterless hunger strike
The detained Ukrainian officer demands to extradite her immediately
Nadiya Savchenko, the officer of Ukraine’s Air Force who stays illegally detained in Russia might go for another hunger strike, demanding to release her and extradite her to Ukraine immediately.
“Nadiya cannot wait much longer. She stated this directly; if there will be any delays with her extradition, I can’t rule out she will resume the waterless hunger strike. Under the common procedure of extradition, it takes at least six months, maybe a year. Such terms absolutely unacceptable for her”, Nadiya’s lawyer Nikolai Polozov said in an interview with Channel 5.
On April 28, Savchenko’s defense team reported the extradition process began; her sister Vira confirmed that the detained fighter pilot received all the necessary documents.
Previously, the lawyers assumed that Nadiya Savchenko might get back to Ukraine by late May.
President Petro Poroshenko said he’d expected the Ukrainian to return home in matter of weeks, adding that he and his Russian counterpart Putin agreed on the procedure of her release.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars