Polozov: Russian authorities try to misinform and disorientate Savchenko
Elizaveta Glinka, pro-Kremlin “human rights watcher” visited Savchenko to create false impression that the Ukrainian will be released soon, lawyer says
Yelizaveta Glinka is the CEO of the “Rightful Help”, the Russia-based international NGO. She’s also a member of the Civil Society and Human Rights Council by the President of the Russian Federation. On Friday, April 22, she visited Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadiya Savchenko in the pre-trial detention centre in Rostov region.
“Glinka, widely referred to as Dr. Lisa, is totally pro-Kremlin figure, and she only visits people for a reason. In this case, it was all about misinforming Nadiya. They offered her to stay quiet and do not go for another media frenzy, telling her she might walk free soon. Under such conditions, Putin could’ve kept his front going”, Nikolai Polozov said in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“However, there is no trusting Yelizaveta Glinka. Nadiya doesn’t trust anyone in Russia – neither Glinka, nor Putin. I think it’s just another attempt to misinform and disorientate Savchenko in order to cool down the fuss in the media, caused by her ongoing illegal detention”, the lawyer added.
According to Polozov, after Glinka’s visit, no one else was allowed to see Savchenko until the next week. Lawyer Mark Feygin will have a chance to meet the Ukrainian on Monday.
Yesterday, Russian Justice Ministry reported they received the request from Ukraine for Savchenko’s extradition.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas