Politico: ‘We believe in Europe’
Memories of war and oppression are short in the EU, as Brexit shows. Not in Ukraine.
These aren’t the easiest days for a united Europe. Both Eastern and Western Europe are suffering from Brexit fever. The destiny of those who want to be out has been decided — just like the destiny of those who want be in. But it is not a time for despair. It is a time for unity, responsibility and vision. A time to understand how we got to this point and how to find our way out together.
Brexit is, above all, a crisis of faith. After 59 years of the European project — the most successful in human history — many Europeans are less appreciative of what it brings (peace, stability, freedom of movement) than of what it takes (solidarity and patience). No price is too high for peace and freedom. This simple truth fades in people’s minds as they forget what war and authoritarianism feel like.
Memories are short. This is particularly true in Ukraine, where the same voices that only two years ago were shocked by Moscow’s disgraceful aggression against Ukraine today call for a return to normal relations with Russia, when the Kremlin is still far from delivering on its obligations.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain