POLITICO: MP wants to make nuisance Pokemon players go away
The Politico reports of Therese Coffey to refer rural constituent’s complaint about players invading her space to UK digital minister
Therese Coffey, the MP for Suffolk Coastal, told BuzzFeed she had received a complaint from a rural constituent whose home has been marked as a gym in the Pokémon Go app, leading to people converging on the property to do battle.
“This whole thing is out in the countryside,” Coffey said. “They’re just somewhat unsettled by strangers randomly showing up by their house, which I guess in the middle of a town you wouldn’t notice, but they do.”
“I will follow up with Nintendo and alert the digital minister,” Coffey added.
The MP won’t be able to raise her concerns about Pokémon Go in parliament as her position as an environment minister doesn’t allow her to table question in the House of Commons.
While Coffey admitted she had yet to play the game and will have to do more research before taking action, Coffey said it raised the question of who owns “virtual space.”
Pokémon Go uses GPS technology to integrate local landmarks into the game, the aim of which is to catch creatures and battle for territory.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain