Political talk show Shuster LIVE was "asked" to be taken off the air
Ukrainian TV channel 1+1 has demanded to stop broadcasting the program over 112 Ukraine reasoning that by the violation of license agreement. The talk show anchor Savik Shuster criticized this appeal.
Ukrainian TV channel 1+1 filed to Savik Shuster, the anchor of political talk show Shuster LIVE, a letter with a demand to stop broadcasting TV program on 112 Ukraine channel reasoning that by the violation of license agreement. Scanned letter signed by General Director of 1+1 channel Oleksandr Tkachenko was shown on the air of the program Shuster LIVE on TV channel 112 Ukraine.
Thus, the report notes that, under the terms of the license agreement, the channel 1+1 holds exclusive rights to use the program Shuster LIVE, as an exception under certain conditions may be TV channel 3s.tv.
As it was reported before, 1+1 TV channel has stopped the broadcast of TV program Shuster LIVE. At 1+1 the refusal to broadcast was explained by reluctance to heat up the already unstable situation in Ukraine.
According to the talk show host Savik Shuster, it was agreed between the owner of the channel and Presidential Administration.
"He (Poroshenko) will not give his life for this program to be. This is a fact. Because we had to be broadcasted over 1+1 channel as usual, we had a contract with the 1+1 . Suddenly we were taken off the air, we got to know about that 2 minutes before the broadcast. We were taken off the air," Schuster said.
"I think that it is an agreement between the owner of 1+1 and the Presidential Administration. I do not know under what conditions, and what is more, I do not know why. I can only suggest," said Shuster.
"I am grateful to the 112 Ukraine channel which did not hesitate to give us a chance to go on the air," said TV-host.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement 21 October, 15:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel statement 26 September, 23:19
European deputies sign petition to Poroshenko 27 September, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars