Political subgroup of Minsk Trilateral Group negotiates in Minsk
Belarusian Foreign Ministry expects the sides to discuss the law about amnesty for militants and local election in Donbas
The meeting of political subgroup of the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group takes place in the Belarusian capital. The Foreign Ministry of Belarus tweeted this January 12.
It’s the first meeting of the subgroup in 2016. The first meeting of the trilateral group is to take place January 13. The next two are slated for January 20 and 27.
Belarusian Foreign Office said that the negotiators are expected to discuss the law about amnesty for militants and local election in Donbas.
According to Iryna Gherashchenko, Ukraine’s Presidential Envoy on Peaceful Settlement of Donbas Conflict, the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral Contact Group will talk about providing access of humanitarian organizations to those captured by Russia-backed militants in Donbas.
Another issue on the agenda will be the release of the POWs, Gherashchenko said.
January 12, Boris Gryzlov, Russia’s representative in the Group, came to Ukraine on board of a special aircraft. He met with his Ukrainian counterpart Leonid Kuchma, and the officials negotiated preparations for the meeting of the Contact Group.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars