Political Pressure on 112 Ukraine TV Channel
Owner of the Channel Andryi Podschipkov got another subpoena today
Another attempt to pressure 112 Ukraine TV Channel happened. An investigator came to the 112 TV Channel to give subpoena to the owner Andryi Podschipkov. Right now he is in Brussels.
A subpoena, according to Ukrainian legislation, should be given to Podschipkov in person, but the investigator wanted to give it to somebody in the office. After cameras showed up he disappeared.
“Pressuring Podschipkov they are trying to influence on the Channel. They are trying to prevent independence of 112 TV Channel because of so-called “not implementation of the license”, – says the lawyer.
National Council warned an owner of the Channel for a couple of times. Since September the regulation board made a decision to cancel the license. Later two members of National Council were chosen as MP`s from President`s party “Blok Petra Poroshenka”.
The Channel announced for many times about being pressured by National Council and other branches of power. The authorities are trying to make an owner to sell the Channel and then to change its editorial policy.
European and Ukrainian media see it as pressure on 112 TV Channel and an onset on freedom of speech in Ukraine.
Sushchenko case: Ukrainian reporter arrested for two months 3 October, 11:30
Ukrainian consul prevented from visiting detained Kolchenko 1 October, 14:00
Gerashchenko: Ukraine demands that Russia releases Sushchenko 3 October, 10:00
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels