Polish police detained 58 Ukrainians at underground cigarette factory
About 5 million cigarettes seized
Polish police arrested 58 citizens of Ukraine on suspicion of illegal tobacco products manufacturing near Warsaw. The Central Bureau of Police Investigation reported this on January 29.
“Three citizens of Ukraine were the direct organizers of underground business”, said spokesman for the Bureau Katarzyna Balcer. “One person was charged with guidance of the criminal group, two people – with participation”.
January 29, the court will decide whether they would be taken into custody. The rest of the detainees could face up to three years' imprisonment and a high fine.
During the police search, more than 5 million cigarettes, 3.5 tonnes of tobacco and several dozens of tools for cigarette packaging were seized.
The cost of confiscated goods totals approximately 5.5 million zlotys (1.375 million euros).
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case