Policeman who killed civilian in Mykolaiv region to be charged today
He will be transferred to pretrial detention facility until the trial
A policeman who shot Olexandr Zuckerman in the Mykolaiv region, will be charged today and be transferred to pretrial detention facility until the trial. This was announced by Anton Heraschenko, Ukrainian MP form the National Front faction, on his Facebook page.
Ministry of Internal Affairs and the National Police do not work on code of silence, and the guilty will get a tough sentence for other enforcers’ edification,” – wrote Anton Heraschenko.
The Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko also commented on the situation on his Facebook page and announced that the policemen, detained in Mykolaiv region, suspected of bringing fatal injuries to Olexandr Zuckerman, have also shot at him.
On the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, August 24, Olexandr Zuckerman was killed while being detained by the police. Earlier that night his wife, Alla Zuckerman, called the cops, reporting that her husband, Olexandr, came home drunk and made a racket.
An operational investigative group of Kryvoozersky department of three policemen arrived at the scene.
Teh law enforcers found Lada car with smashed windscreen. Another local resident stated he had a conflict with Olexandr Zuckerman, who had knocked the windscreen of his car with a shovel.
When police entered the courtyard, Alla Zuckerman showed his husband sleeping on driver's seat in his car in garage. Further descriptions from the participants of those events and witnesses vary a lot. The police claim that awakened Zuckerman and he attacked them with a shovel and nearly killed. So they applied power and handcuffed him.
But the mother of the dead man and the neighbors say that law enforcers pulled Olexandr out of the car, handcuffed him, took him outside to his car, knocked to the ground and started beating him. At this time came three more police officers, who also joined the beating. All this was done in the presence of Zuckerman's mother, his wife and his son. Some witnesses say that they heard the shots, though shells were not found on the scene. Police stopped beating only when Zuckerman stopped moving. They called the ambulance. When the doctors announced Zuckerman dead, the police simply fled, leaving a dead body in a puddle in the street.
The forensic medical report conducted that Zuckerman died of gunshot wounds. The cause of death was "acute internal bleeding, traumatic heart failure." At least four gunshot wounds were found in the body of the deceased, allegedly from a Flaubert traumatic gun. According to the expert, shots were made at the close range. Two bullets were found in the heart, another one stuck in the lung.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars