Poland wants NATO Summit to promote security in Eastern Europe
Poland also wants to strengthen transatlantic ties
Poland as a host of NATO Summit hopes for decisions on promoting security and strengthening the deterrence policy in the Eastern Europe. Poland Ambassador to Ukraine Henryk Litwin said this, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
"We count on the advancing the security of Poland and the whole Central Europe by NATO presence on these territories", he said during a briefing on Wednesday.
According to the diplomat, the Warsaw hopes the Summit will prove that the security of each NATO member and partner is a priority of the Alliance.
"Moreover we would like to see the strengthening of the transatlantic ties as another result of the NATO Summit. We want to see American Arm Forces' presence in Central and Eastern Europe", he stressed.
The Ambassador reminded that the Ukraine-NATO committee will meet during the NATO Summit.
"Poland is very interested in the close partnership of NATO and Ukraine, as the Alliance hopes for close collaboration with Ukraine in future", he added.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas