Pifer: NATO to voice support to Ukraine for Russia aggression
Several Alliance States-members to continue continence of Ukraine
As a part of NATO Summit in Warsaw on July 8-9 Alliance will show political support to Kyiv due to the annexation of Crimea and aggressive actions of the Russian Federation in Donbas region. Ex-Ambassador of the US in Ukraine Steven Pifer made this assumption in the interview to "Segodnya".
"At the NATO summit in Warsaw the States-members will almost certainly strengthen the military alliance's presence in the Baltic states and Poland. According to previously voiced statements, United States, Britain and Germany are ready to deploy their battalions in these regions. NATO will take other steps. The United States has decided to place an additional armored brigade in Europe. These measures are aimed to explain the Kremlin that NATO will defend its territory ", he said.
"As for Ukraine, the NATO-Ukraine summit will express political support of the Alliance to Kyiv on the part of Russian aggression in Crimea and Donbas. NATO is likely to rely on the existing Ukraine support program, and the individual member countries of the Alliance will continue to provide countenance to Ukraine, including the US and UK military aid”, he added.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case