Photos from crime scene: Grabovsky’s case
Lawyer of Russian serviceman detained in Donbas was killed, presumably by Russian special services
First photos from crime scene were uploaded by reporters of TSN, Ukraine’s nation-wide TV channel.
Yuriy Grabovsky, lawyer of Alexandr Alexandrov, serviceman of the Russian GRU (Chief Reconnaissance Department of Russia), disappeared earlier this month; on March 9, he didn’t show up at the court hearing in his client’s case. Later, Grabovsky posted an explanation at Facebook, saying he was threatened by anshot dead onymous persons and it was too dangerous for him to stay in Ukraine. Soon after that, the National Police issued a missing person's alert, as there was no information on his whereabouts since March 5.
According to Ukraine’s Chief Military Prosecutor Anatoliy Matios, Grabovsky was shot dead in woods not far from Zhashkiv town, Cherkasy region, central Ukraine. He was kidnapped in Odesa, drugged and brought to Kyiv. Later, he was brought to Zhashkiv, killed and buried. His body was found in small hours of March 25. Later that day, the Chief Military Prosecutor said Grabovsky’s killer has been detained.
Matios assumed Russian special services were behind the murder.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels