Petition for reprieve for Russians Yerofeev, Alexandrov handed to Poroshenko
Lawyer of one of the detained fighters of Russia’s Special Forces reported this on Wednesday
“The petition for reprieve for Yevgeniy Yerofeev and Alexandr Alexandrov has been handed for Ukrainian President’s signature”, said lawyer Valentin Rybin who represents Alexandrov in court.
In interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel, Rybin added he hopes that the procedure will be completed soon enough, since the process is being actively covered by the press. According to him, similar procedure is being conducted over Nadiya Savchenko in Russia. “By evening May 25, we will be able to figure out whether they will exchange Savchenko for Yerofeev and Alexandrov”, the lawyer said.
In April, both Yerofeyev and Alexandrov were sentenced to 14 years in prison on charges of terrorist activity in the Donbas. They were wounded in a firefight and detained by Ukraine's Security Service agents near Schastya, Luhansk region in May 2015.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November 28 October, 07:50
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case