Pentagon: U.S. – Russia war possible
The Independent quoted Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson, Deputy Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army
U.S. military leaders are concerned over the high possibility to face war with Russia. They said so at a recent seminar, where the Pentagon’s high-ranked commanders took part, wrote The Independent.
They admitted that any military conflict with Russia or China could be extremely lethal and fast. Due to the arms race that Moscow and Beijing have been practising over the last years, the U.S. could face the scenario that no one witnessed in the last 60 years.
The US faces existential threats from modern-states "acting aggressively in militarised competition," Lieutenant General Joseph Anderson, Army deputy chief of staff for operations, plans, and training, told the panel.
"Who does that sound like? Russia?" he asked.
The United States and Russia currently possess the world’s largest nuclear arsenals – 6,970 and 7,300 nuclear warheads, respectively.
Source: The Independent
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars