Pat Cox helds the speech in European Parliament
Head of the EP mission in Ukraine spoke about Ukrainian politics and institutions
Ukrainian Week in European Parliament was attended by many Ukrainian officials including Vladimir Groisman and Oleg Lyashko.
During today's session of EP, the Head of the EP mission in Ukraine Pat Cox held the speech. He described the EP mission's work in Ukraine and expressed his opinian about politicians and institutions in Ukraine.
"If we describe our work, our mission has been a big sponge that absorbs all the information shared with us. Then we squeeze it and see what the wisdom can leak from it. That was our working method" - he said.
Earlier we reported that Ukrainian MPs arrived to EP to participate in the meeting.
“The truth is that everywhere in politics, and also in this Parliament we can find the very strong personalities among Ukrainian politicians. But in most countries of the former Soviet Union strong personality become combined with weak institutions. And I have a message to everyone present – you should built strong and independent institutions so they will transform the potential of Ukraine in solving many complex problems” – added the Head of the EP mission in Ukraine.
Watch the video:
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain