Parubiy: West should strengthen sanctions against Russia
Ukraine’s Parliament Speaker is convinced that West should tighten sanctions against Russia
Ukraine’s Parliament Speaker Andriy Parubiy said this during the XII Meeting of heads of foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine in Kyiv on Monday, Unian reports.
The Speaker noted the priority of the issuing sanctions against Russia.
"When we talk about the possible pressure on the Russian Federation, we are aware that the pressure and protection of Ukraine may go on two key fronts", he said.
So, Parubiy noted that this is the military front, which now holds the position of the updated Ukrainian army.
"The international front is equally important. The sanctions against Russia are of no less importance", the speaker said.
He stressed that it is imperative that "this trend and sanctions will not only remain, but become even stricter".
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case