Parubiy: Ukrainian Parliament should switch to new work formats
Top quotes of the newly elected Speaker at a press briefing on Thursday
As the Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, I will above all pay attention to the draft laws concerning security and defense area. Our country is at war with Russian occupants, and the area of military, defense and security was and still is the key priority to me.
Another important issue is reformation of the judiciary system. We can’t overcome corruption if we do not reform the judiciary, which is perhaps one of the most corrupted areas in the Ukrainian society.
I’m pretty sure we have to implement the new modes of work of the Parliament. One of the ideas is to organize field meetings of the Verkhovna Rada. We will be able to work not only in Kyiv, but also in Mariupol, Zaporizhya, Kharkiv, Lviv et cetera. We need it for better understanding of local problems. It’s obvious that general changes and improvements in the work of the Parliament are in line with reforms in its structure.
We’ll keep on reforming the Parliament; it is a large-scale initiative started by Volodymyr Greusman (previous Speaker and current Head of the Ukrainian government). We’ve got many ideas, and quite soon we’ll see first results in terms of openness, transparency and new system of management in the Parliament.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case