Parubiy: There should be no ‘special status’ for Donbas in decentralization bill
Ukraine’s Parliamentary Speaker says these should be two different laws
Andriy Parubiy, speaker of the Ukrainian parliament, stresses that the draft law about the decentralization of power in the country should not contain any provisions about the special status of self-governance for Donbas.
‘Decentralization is one of the key reforms in Ukraine. There is consensus between the society and the parliament on that matter; but this law can’t be passed along with the provision about delivering local governance in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Unfortunately, this provision led to the ongoing conflict, and it is being actively discussed in the society. Actually, it is this provision that depends on implementation of Minsk agreements by Putin, which doesn’t let us bring to life this key reform’, Parubiy said.
According to him, this provision cannot be passed in the near future, because pro-Russian militants continue landing attacks in Donbas. So it should be voted as a separate law, with respective changes in the Constitution.
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars