Parubiy: There are no grounds for Russian delegation return to PACE
Return of Russian delegation to PACE may become historic mistake
Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) of Ukraine Andriy Paruby believes there is no reason for the return of the delegation of the Russian Federation to complete the work in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE). He said this during a meeting of the PACE Committee, which was broadcast by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"Russia has not fulfilled any point of the resolutions adopted by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe over the past two years. When I hear that it’s time to return the Russian delegation to the full-fledged work in the Parliamentary Assembly, I have a question what are the reasons for this, and what steps did the Russian Federation to return to the union of states to which the human rights and dignity are the supreme value. In my opinion, there is no reason for that. I believe the attempts to flirt with the aggressor just more encourage its aggressive actions", said Parubiy.
In turn, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) believes that talk about confirmation of powers of the Russian delegation after the elections to the State Duma, "is too early".
According to Parubiy, if European politicians allow the return of the Russian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, it would be a historic mistake.
"The return of the Russian delegation to PACE will be a historic mistake. Therefore I appeal to all of you who particularly deeply understand the danger of this aggression, come alongside Ukraine and prevent this action. I believe that the language of tanks, machine guns and violence has no prospects in the XXI century. I know that the civilized world has sufficient mechanisms to prevent the return of violence and aggression in the XXI century", Parubiy stressed.
Poroshenko: It’s not time to reinstate Russia’s rights in PACE 13 October, 19:01
Information policy minister: Russia should stay away from PACE 12 October, 15:11
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars