Parubiy: "Russian revanchists forgot lessons of WWII"
The Parliamentary Speaker congratulated the nation on the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation
“The commitment of every Ukrainian citizens is to remember the great victory (in the Second World War), to truly honor veterans of this war and members of the liberation movement, as well as victims of the Nazi regime. Today, as Russian imperial revanchists forgot the bitter lessons of war and re-start the conflict in the very heart of Europe, when Ukraine is on fire again, the nation-wide unity of the Ukrainian society gets really decisive meaning. It means everything to our victory and Ukraine’s happy future among the civilized European states”, Andriy Parubiy said in his speech.
“Paying tribute to those who protected their Motherland from the Nazi occupation more than 70 years ago, I want to express my gratitude to those who now protect Ukraine’s independence and sovereignty and to those who risk their lives contributing to restoration of territorial integrity of the Ukrainian state. According to the Bible, the unfaithfulness is one of the toughest sins there are. So we cannot lose our hope. The truth marches with us. We’re fighting for peace in our homeland. I’m sure our new victory is within the grasp. Let’s stay patriots, united and decisive ones!”, the Speaker concluded.
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas