Parubiy: PACE resolutions are ‘diplomatic victory’ for Ukraine
Two documents approved by PACE on October 12 weaken pro-Russian positions in the Assembly, - Ukraine’s parliamentary speaker
‘The Ukrainian parliament’s delegation at the PACE managed to complete quite a difficult task; two leading factions condemned Russia’s reunion with PACE while the position of pro-Russian politicians weakened badly’, Andriy Parubiy, the Head of the Ukrainian Parliament, posted at Facebook.
According to Parubiy, it’s been several weeks that Russia has been leading a massive diplomatic attack. ‘The key diplomatic goals of Russian president Putin were to lift the sanctions off Russia and to return the country to the PACE line-up. ‘These goals were quite reachable as many EU member countries had doubts in their positions’, he admitted.
However, Parubiy said, the PACE resolution became a new solid step in the international recognition of the Russian aggression. ‘The document clearly states that the responsibility for the humanitarian situation in Crimea and Donbas lies exclusively with the Kremlin. Another statement there says that Russia’s actions have been threatening the very existence of the Crimean Tatar community; the paper contains clear mentions of massive human rights violations, stripping of property and forced change of citizenship. PACE resolution confirms the lameness of the so-called puppet governments, created, supported and controlled by Russia’, Parubiy said. He added that the Assembly ‘acknowledged the obvious: no election can take place on the occupied territories. Thus, the PACE doubts the authority of the Russian Parliament due to their decision to approve the illegal elections in the occupied Crimea’.
Parubiy called the resolution a step that shows PACE’s role as that of important political body where the Europea and the rest of free world discuss and come up with their joint positions, and a step to extension of sanctions against Russia. ‘I congratulate the Ukrainian delegation on the great job and the important diplomatic victory’, he said.
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee