Participants of the scandalous religious procession gather in Kyiv downtown
Provocative acts are possible - Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate reports
A religious procession, which started in Ternopil and Donetsk regions in July, organized by the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) of Moscow Patriarchate, gather in Kyiv on July 27.
At 10:00 participants of the religious procession arrive at the place of the event. At the moment there re 700 people on St. Vladimir's Hill. The rest of the believers, about 800 people, are moving by buses towards European square. Almost 5,000 police officers ensure order and public safety during these activities, according to Kyiv Police.
According to UOC, the members of brotherhood of the reverend Radonezhsky applied to the Kyiv City Council to hold a 30 people event in the center of the city. The event coincides in time with the religious procession of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas