Parliament to dismiss 33 judges today
Dismissal of the judges, who violated the oath during the events of Maidan uprising in 2014, is under consideration
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine is having a special meeting today, on September 29. The MPs are considering only one question according to the agenda – dismissal of the judges, who violated the oath during the events of Maidan uprising in 2014. The meeting is broadcasted by the 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Speaker of the Parliaent Andriy Parubiy sounded a note of warning that the number of the members of parliament may be not sufficient and their voices may be mot enough and this voting may fail.
As it was reported eralier, two days before the President Petro Poroshenko signed the appeal to Speaker Andriy Parubiy, calling on him to gather the extraordinary meeting of the Parliament until September 30 to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges (respective proposals were submitted by the High Council of Justice), including those involved in the illegal arrests of Euromaidan activists in late 2013 – early 2014.
Note that judiciary reform comes into effect on September 30. Due to this reform, Ukrainian parliament will not be authorized to dismiss the judges from now on, the High Justice Council, which is to be initiated yet by re-organizing the Supreme Council of Justice. At that the reform does not stipulate the basis for dismissing oath-breaking judges.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas