Parliament legalized foreigners fighting for Ukraine in the ATO
New legislation aims to improve military capacity of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
The Verkhovna Rada supported the bill "On amendments to some legislative acts concerning the military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine by foreigners and stateless persons" - 229 MPs voted for this decision.
The initiative of the document belongs to "People's Front" faction deputy, the coordinator of “Information Resistance” group Dmytro Tymchuk.
The explanatory note states that the objective of the law is to improve the combat capability of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the reduction of country`s human and financial losses, which are a consequence of the military actions in the East of the state. The improvement is considered to be made through the provision of rights to foreigners and stateless persons to perform military service (contract) within the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
In addition, it is noted that due to foreigners who enter the ranks of the Armed Forces, the necessity in mobilization of citizens of Ukraine will be reduced as well as the costs on various forms of payments to combatants, the disabled, families of the victims and others.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars