PACE urge Ukraine to submit constitutional amendments on de-centralization
The Parliamentary Assembly’s co-rapporteurs visited Ukraine
Jordi Shukla and Axel Fischer, PACE co-rapporteurs on Ukraine called on Ukrainian MPs to submit changes to the basic law of the country. They said so after their three-day-long visit to Ukraine, as mentioned in the press release at the Assembly’s website.
“These constitutional amendments are about something greater than merely adhering to the Minsk process. The amendments contain basic provisions that are meant to bring the people closer to those in power, to ensure political stability and the country’s unity – regardless of the Minsk peace process”, the PACE members said.
Shukla and Fischer noted that de-centralization of power will let Ukraine to react faster on the continuing hostilities in Donbas. PACE representatives said that any stalls on submitting the amendments to the Constitution might be considered as Ukraine’s unwillingness to fulfill its commitments regarding the Minsk deal.
The European envoys also said they had expected that the Ukrainian Parliament approves constitutional amendments on justice, which would “be decisive in terms of creating truly independent judicial system and prosecutor’s offices in Ukraine”.
Previously, German MP Manuel Sarrazin offered that Ukraine submits constitutional amendments so as to hold fair and free local elections in Donbas.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars