PACE: Russia’s delegation return is too early to talk about
Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said Ukraine may terminate its participation in PACE when Russian delegation’s credentials to Assembly will be recognized
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) believes that talks about confirmation of powers of the Russian delegation after the elections to the State Duma "are too early." Deutsche Welle reports this citing PACE employee unit.
For this reason, the Assembly refused to officially comment on the statements of Kyiv about the possible withdrawal of the Ukrainian delegation to PACE if Russia returns to the Assembly.
At the same time the PACE officially said that "Ukrainians’ emotions can be understood", but such a move would be "justified from the point of view of the further protection of the interests of Ukraine itself in PACE".
However, the influential minority in the PACE is in favor of the return of the Russian delegation to the Assembly. As noted, it includes leaders of some political groups, who are guided by the principle: "Russia is too big to be ignored".
Earlier the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin announced that Ukraine may withdraw from participation in the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly (PACE) in case the powers of the authorities of the Russian delegation in this organization will be recognized, despite the illegitimacy of the elections to the State Duma in the occupied Crimea.
Klimkin: ‘Russia tries distorting entire logic of Minsk peace process’ 12 October, 17:19
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars