PACE not eager to return Russian delegation
MPs discussed interparliamentary connections, never mentioned Russia at their Wednesday session
PACE MPs heard several reports on that day, focusing mostly on cooperation and dialogue between PACE members. According to MP Axel Fischer, ‘despite various political discussions and even conflicts between neighboring countries, we want to continue dialogue to offer better opportunities for our citizens. A dialogue is always better than a conflict’, he said.
Another MP Ian Liddell-Grainger claimed that the PACE should show its disagreement with Russia’s actions. ‘But we shouldn’t be sending them e-mails; we’ve got to talk to them face-to-face’, he said.
As 112 reported, Ukraine's MP Nadiya Savchenko joined her first session of the Assembly on June 20. She rose several important issues and urged her counterparts to not restore Russia's membership in PACE.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Yanukovych says he removed 590 prosecutors from Ukrainian citizenship 30 September, 16:28
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case