PACE: MEPs will be held accountable for visiting occupied Crimea
The respective resolution was approved January 27
PACE passed the resolution on responsibility for those MEPs who visited Russian-annexed Crimea and militant-held areas of Donbas – in breach of the Ukrainian law. Georgiy Lohvynsky, member of Ukraine’s parliamentary delegation in the Assembly, posted that at Facebook.
According to him, the Assembly approved recommendations on what kind of sanctions may be imposed over the members of the European Parliament.
“There’s serious struggle going on between the lobbists of Russia’s interest and those who support Ukraine. There are many plots, scandals, investigations, threats and other stuff regarding the matter”, Lohvynsky said.
He thanked all PACE members who support Ukraine and its delegation and voted for the amendment to the resolution stating that no diplomatic status or post may justify actions that contradict norms of the international law.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars