OSCE approached Russia for more information on Sushchenko
Dunja Mijatovic urges Russian Federation to release Roman Sushchenko detained in Lefortovo
OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatovic reported that she had approached the Russian authorities for the information on the detention of Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko.
She twitted that replying the question of Ukrainska Pravda.
“I am working on this, I approached Russian authorities this morning for more detailed information and demand to release him,” – wrote Mijatovic.
@ukrpravda_news I am working on this case, this morning I addressed Russian authorities seeking more information and requesting release— Dunja Mijatovic (@Dunja_Mijatovic) 3 октября 2016 г.
Earlier, First Vice Speaker of the Parliament Iryna Gerashchenko announced that she is waiting for the reaction on Sushchenko arrest from Dunja Mijatovic, OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media.
As it was reported earlier, Lefortovsky court in Moscow arrested Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko for two months under charges of ‘espionage’ on October 1, according to Ekaterina Krasnova, the court’s press secretary.
The parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy saind on Monday, that the Verkhovna Rada is to turn to the PACE and the OSCE on Tuesday, asking them to assess the illegal detention of Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko
The world's largest organization of media professionals International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its subsidiaries in Europe (EFJ) have also urged the Russian Federation to release Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas