Opposition MP: Four policemen injured due to clashes with protesters in Yerevan
Activists demand resignation of the Armenian government
According to Nikol Pashynian, MP from Armenian National Congress, the opposition party in Armenia, four policemen suffered injuries due to the fight between protesters and the law enforcers in Yerevan (Interfax-Ukraine).
‘People tried to break into a guarded area, which provoked the clash. The wounded policemen were hospitalized. These are not gunshot wounds; people threw stones on the law enforcers’, Pashynian said.
News Armenia report that the protesters are now trying to break through the police cordon on the territory adjacent to the captured police post in the Armenian capital. The protesters are building barricades.
The clashes started as the activists heard the gunfire. They decided that the police tried to retake the police post’s building. Later, it turned out that the protesters were the ones who shot in the air.
On July 17 in Yerevan, a group of unidentified gunmen captured the police post. The activists demanded to release the captured opposition MP, who had been arrested by the police earlier, and to disband the government. A policeman deceased during the shooting, two more were wounded.
Earlier today, several dozens of activists held a demonstration to support the rebels, but they were dispersed.
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars