Ukrainian MP Nadiya Savchenko starts her work in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
"At the time, Russia was waging a broad active propaganda against Ukraine, denigrating everything that happens in our land and with our people. That is how I came to Russia. It was due to the fact that Russia created a "large Ukrainian case", trying to terrorize Ukrainian patriots through messy and dishonorable Russian court. They brazenly kidnapped people from Ukraine, transported them to Russia, tortured and abused them for 6 months and more, forcing to sign the confessions on what they have never done to sue them to prison", she said.
Ukrainian MP said she had the chance to escape from the captivity.
"People asked me why I didn't run away, and whether I was able to run away. Yes, I could escape. But I could do this alone, leaving another 8 guys behind the bars. To escape I had to kill 3 militants. What whould happen with those 8 guys, if I ran away? Would they be alive?" she said.
Watch the video:
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars