Ombudswoman releases her annual report on status of human rights in Ukraine
Valeria Lutkovska analyzed the last year’s most outraging violations of human rights in the country
The key issues mentioned in the report include: violations of human rights in Crimea, the increased number of internally displaced persons, significant deterioration of social and economic conditions, violation of fundamental rights of Ukrainians detained in Russia and many others.
According to Lutkovska, to prevent further violations of human rights in Ukraine, the authorities should analyze the most negative tendencies that took place in the country for the last year, such as lack of reforms in healthcare system, failure to revise basic social and economic indexes, which reduces living standards of Ukrainian citizens, and the lack of strategic vision of how to restore control over Ukrainian territories of Donbas and the temporarily occupied Crimea.
On the other hand, the Ombudsman reckons that the current report touches upon such issues as fighting corruption, access to public information, protection of personal data and fight against all kinds of discrimination, where Ukraine demonstrates more or less tangible progress. These topics are among the determinant ones on Ukraine’s path to EU integration, Lutkovska noted.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels