Ukraine’s human rights chief slams security services for denying access to jail cells
They are going to initiate the delegation's unscheduled visit to Ukraine
Ukrainian Parliament human rights, ethnic minorities and inter-ethnic relations committee chairman Hryhoriy Nemyria and the Ombudsman of Ukraine Valeriya Lutkovska in the open letter called the SSU non-admission of the UN Committee against torture representatives to the places of possibly illegal retention of people unacceptable. This was reported by ombudsman press service.
They have also called it an illegal action.
It is reported that Litkovska and Nemyria are going to speak to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in order to appropriatedly provide CAT visits and are also planing to invite the delegation to make the unscheduled visit to Ukraine "for the purpose of proper performing of our state's international obligations".
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars