Olympic torch relay route is changed for the second time due to the protests of local public sector employees
The protest was an attempt to disrupt the torch carrying in Rio de Janeiro
The Olympic torch relay route is changed for the second time due to the protests of local public sector employees.
The latest inisident was an attempt to disrupt the torch carrying in Rio de Janeiro. Protesters complain about the delay in payments.
The state, this is due to high costs for the organization of the competition. In the north of Rio police even used tear gas to drive off the strikers.
The relay race will last until Friday. Then the Olympic flame will be brought to Maracana stadium, where the opening ceremony of the Summer Games will take place.
David Vispo, a citizen of favela - the poorest areas of Rio, is also taking part in Olympic torch relay race.
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels