Officers of the Ukraine's Customs and the Border Service detained for bribes
They allowed foreign whicles to cross the border without customs clearing for extra charge from 500 to 800 dollars per car
Officers of the Ukraine's Customs and the Border Service were detained for bribes. They allowed foreign whicles to cross the border without customs clearing for extra charge from 500 to 800 dollars per car.
Two more civilians worked with them. Investigators of the Military Prosecutor conducted the case for 4 months.
During this period, at least 4 vehicles were allowed through the border, the offenders obtained 60 thousand hryvnias.
A customs officer tried to escape on arrest and threw 9 thousan hryvnias out of the window of his car. 4 of his colleagues were inside his car as well. The investigation is underway. The suspects are facing 8 – 12 years in prison for bribery.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas