Obama vetoed defense bill that authorized lethal assistance to Ukraine
In case the bill does not enter into force, "Continuing resolution" will be introduced
Embassy of Ukraine to the USA emphasizes that the decision of President Obama to issue the fifth veto of rejecting the sweeping $612 bln National Defense Authorization Act is not connected with assistance to Ukraine, VIDIA.
"The U.S. President voiced an argument for his veto; this decision was prompted by the sequestration of budget, which remains in power, ignoring thea number of the proposed reforms to modernize the U.S. Army, and that the provisions of this document make impossible closing of Guantanamo prison, which is fundamental for Obama ever since his presidential campaign," as said in a statement of Ukrainian embassy.
"The volume of the assistance to Ukraine for the next year was announced to be $300 mln; it was backed by both parties and chambers of Congress, and caused no reservations on the part of the Administration," say Ukrainian diplomats.
But even if this bill does not enter into force, the military and other aid to Ukraine will continue. In this case the so-called "Continuing resolution" will be introduced. It will take all the amounts of financial expenditure that are in the 2015 budget for the following year.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars