Obama at UNGA: We shouldn’t forget about ethic and religious contradictions
He said UN member states needed to remain strong in their values
The US President Barack Obama delivered his final speech to the UN General Assembly stressing on the need of greater integration between nations in the face of global insecurity. He stated that they can’t ignore the inequality between the countries and shouldn’t forget about ethic and religious contradictions. The address of Barack Obama was broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"When a terrorist group enslaves and takes hold of men, women, and children it is global problem... they encourage hostility between nations" and the "clash of civilizations". He said UN member states needed to remain strong in their values. "We need to stop growing anger, prejudice and hostility to different races and religions".
"There is a real danger in the rise of nationalism, extremism, intolerance in many parts of the world. I am certain responsible leaders need to address these dark moods in our society. Because they are the enemy of mankind."
On the subject of battling IS and resolving the conflicts in the Middle East, Obama said the world “must insist that nations end proxy wars that fuel disorder,” but did not elaborate further. He called on countries "blessed with wealth and benefits of geography" to do more to help refugees find a new home.
As we reported earlier, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is participating in the plenary meeting of the 71st session of the UN General Assembly. He addressed a high-level meeting of the United Nations General Assembly, urging the international community to support the conflict settlement resolution based on the international law.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case