Obama and Merkel will discuss the settlement of the situation in Donbas
Obama arrived with two-day visit to Germany
The President of the United States of America, Barack Obama today began a two-day visit to Germany, during which he will discuss the situation in Ukraine with German authorities, according to "Deutsche Welle".
Obama arrived to Hanover, Germany. Obama is expected to discuss prospects for a transatlantic free trade area between the United States and the European Union, a peaceful settlement to the conflict on the East of Ukraine and relations with Russia, as well as the possible NATO strengthening on the eastern borders with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
On Monday, April 25, at the castle Gerrengauzen a mini-summit with Obama and Merkel, and French President Francois Hollande, British Prime Minister David Cameron and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi will be held. The sides intend to discuss the strengthening of cooperation between the special services of the five countries after the recent terrorist attacks in France and Belgium, as well as the way of political settlement of the military conflict and the humanitarian crisis in Syria.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas