Number of casualties in Syria increased since Russia interfered, - Foreign Ministry
The respective statement was released at the Ministry’s website
Kyiv decisively condemned the airstrikes landed in Syria’s northern regions on February 15. The Foreign Ministry said it was concerned about the increasing number of casualties among Syrian civilians, which coincided with Russia’s military interference in the conflict. “Attacks on civilian targets, including schools and medical institutions are the rude breach of international humanitarian right. We insist on legal responsibility of all those involved in such violations”, reads the message.
On February 15, the UN reported that at least 50 civilians died in attacks on five hospitals and two schools in northern districts of Syria (the areas are under control of opposition forces). The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed deep concern about the situation in Syria, calling the airstrikes on civilian objects the rudest violation of the international law.
Previously, Ukraine's Foreign Office warned its compatriots remaining in Syria to be extremely careful as they might face capture.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars