Nuland’s press conference in Ukraine: Top 5 quotes
The U.S. Assistant Secretary of State visited Ukraine and held negotiations with top officials
Sanctions against Russia and Russia’s policy towards Crimean Tatars
The Crimea-related sanctions will stay in place until Crimea returns to Ukraine. In this regard, I’d like to repeat that we are outraged by this terrible decision to ban the Mejlis of Crimean Tatars, which deprives this nation of its historical form of representative democracy.
Prospects of Kerry’s visit to Ukraine
It’s been about a year since State Secretary Kerry has been here last time. Every time he asks me how come I come here and he doesn’t. He is interested in coming here and he probably will – this spring.
Ukraine’s progress in reforms implementation
I’ll go back home with optimistic impressions, since all political forces expressed their loyalty to reforms, specifically the economic reforms, anti-corruption reform and the judicial reform. It’s important to remember that Ukraine has reached a lot already. You managed to stabilize the national currency; you maintained energy independence for the first time in a while; you managed to stabilize the budget process and shaped the new police; and that’s a lot of job.
Next steps for the government
Ukraine has to continue cooperation with the IMF. Ukraine needs new Prosecutor General. Ukraine should carry on with the judicial reform as the corruption stays a major problem. Perhaps, it’s time to close up some of the people who have been robbing the Ukrainian people; the corruption must be rooted out in the most decisive way.
Prospects of local elections in Donbas
We never discussed any specific date of when the elections should take place. We made it absolutely clear that before elections can be held, one has to ensure peace and security there; the OSCE should maintain respective access to the entire area; the candidates should officially sign in for elections, offer their candidacies and communicate with their voters. It is prescribed by Minsk agreements, and it’s a natural requirement for every country.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case