Nuland meets Surkov to negotiate implementation of Minsk agreements
The officials are expected to discuss implementation of Minsk agreements in Donbas
Victoria Nuland, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs and Vladislav Surkov, Advisor of President of the Russian Federation, met in Kaliningrad, Russia. Russian Foreign Ministry reported this January 15 (TASS).
“Nuland is already in Kaliningrad region. She’s going to have a meeting with Vladislav Surkov, Assistant to Russian President. The meeting will take place in Kaliningrad”, the Ministry reported.
The negotiations will be held behind closed doors in Putin’s residence in Kaliningrad region, located on the coast of Baltic Sea.
Previously, Kommersant.ru reported that the parties would discuss implementation of Minsk agreements in eastern Ukraine. Nuland said earlier that the political settlement of the situation can only be sought after full ceasefire sets up in Donbas. According to her, failure to implement Minsk agreements will lead to freezing of the conflict, which means constant danger of resuming full-scale military actions.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case