Novikov: 'Savchenko always laundered her clothes in detention by herself'
Russian lawyer shared stories about routine life of Ukraine’s fighter pilot in Russian prison
“The only reason why she always wore clean clothes in detention is that she has always laundered them all by herself. No mystery here. I remember how I collected warm clothes for her in late autumn last year, when they transferred Nadiya to Moscow and she was about to go for a hunger strike. They’d said she took some child nutrition while starving. Well, she did, but it was when she was going back to normal nutrition regime, because in these conditions, the body wouldn’t take stuff you eat every day”, lawyer Ilya Novikov said in an interview with 112 Ukraine International.
“There was another touching moment; I have no kids, you see, and when I bought some child nutrition – for the first time in my life – it wasn’t for kids, it was for Nadiya, because that was necessary, ” Novikov remembered.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case