Norway shall help Ukraine in conducting systematic reforms – Borge Brende, Norwegian FM
Borge Brende states that Norway is interested in extending partnership with Ukraine
Norway shall support reforms in Ukraine. Borge Brende, Norwegian Foreign Minister, stated that today during a press-conference together with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, according to press-service of Ukrainian Foreign Ministry.
“Norway is interested in extending partnership with Ukraine. Our common task is to fill this partnership with a specific content,’ – Norwegian FM said.
Ministers agreed to prepare a complex bilateral plan providing, among the rest, increasing practical support from Norway in performing systematic reforms in Ukraine. In this regard, judiciary system is prioritized together with penitentiary, the sphere of energy efficiency and fiscal service.
Minister Klimkin expressed gratitude for considerable financial and technical help from Norway, including the support in solving issues with internally displaced citizens of Ukraine. Besides Pavlo Klimkin highly appreciated the Solution of Norway on implementing Norway-US mine-clearance project.
Minister Borge Brende gave his positive evaluation of the state of reforms’ implementation in Ukraine and emphasized that economy growth index is the first and the most demonstrative indicator of effectiveness of reforms, which is extremely important for investors.
Brende also underlined that Norway supports the efforts of Foreign Ministry of Ukraine in Minsk process, however the terms of settlement the conflict are still important, among which is breaking up aggression and withdrawing Russian troops and military weaponry from Donbas and returning Ukraine control over the whole Ukrainian-Russian border.
Recall that Ukrainian President Petro Proroshenko plans to visit Oslo this October for negotiations with the Prime-Minister of Norway.
Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement 28 October, 15:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November 28 October, 07:50
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case