Normandy Four to discuss ways of settling down Donbas conflict in 2016
Leaders of Ukraine, France, Germany and Russia will have a telephone conversation on the issue
December 30, leaders of the Normandy Four will discuss the course of implementation of Minsk agreements and prospects to settle down the conflict in eastern Ukraine in the coming year (radiosvoboda.org). According to the Administration of President of Ukraine, the conversation will be held by telephone.
President Petro Poroshenko states Russia-backed militants continue to violate the ceasefire and explicitly launch provocations. At the same time, the mercenaries say Ukraine refuses to adhere to Minsk agreements. On their web pages, members of the so-called DPR write that such decision will result in “complete failure of the Kyiv government”.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walther Steinmeier urged the both warring parties to abide by the ceasefire that was offered by Minsk Trilateral Contact Group on December 23 – in particular, during the winter holidays.
Ukraine’s Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov said the Minsk peaceful process will go on in 2016 and expressed hope there would be more progress in this area next year.
The validity of Minsk agreements runs out tomorrow, December 31. It is expected that the Normandy Four leaders will officially extend it for the next year. The officials will also determine the format of the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group’s work in 2016.
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars