Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin
Angela Merkel firstly met with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko
The four leaders began talks in the Normandy format in Berlin. Interfax-Ukraine reports this.
The talks began at about 19:30 pm Kyiv time.
Firstly Angela Merkel met with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko. After him came French President Francois Hollande. Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Berlin the last.
Recall that an agreement on the meeting was reached after long discussions. The presidential press service said that Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande agreed to hold talks in Normandy format to urge Russia perform security part of the Minsk agreement.
A spokesman for German Chancellor, Steffen Seibert, announcing the meeting, said that Merkel invited Poroshenko, Hollande, and Putin to "compare the implementation of the Minsk agreements with their last meeting and discuss further steps".
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case