No Ukrainians so far among victims of Istanbul blast, - Foreign Ministry
The explosion in the downtown Tuskish capital claimed lives of 10 people, wounded 15 more
Ukraine’s Foreign Office currently has no data on possible casualties among Ukrainians that could take place due to the explosion in Istanbul. Head of Department of Consulate Service Yevhen Ihnatovsky said this to UNN news agency. “There’s no such information so far; the Consulate General of Ukraine in Turkey now works on the matter”, he said. In his words, the blast took place only recently, which is why the respective data might be available later.
The tragedy occurred in the downtown Tuskish capital, Sultanakhmet district, in the morning of January 12.
The Istanbul governor's office said the authorities were investigating the type of explosive used and who might have been responsible. It said at least ten people were killed and 15 wounded but gave no further details. The attack at the heart of one of the world's most visited cities comes as Turkey battles Kurdish militants in its southeast and Islamic State insurgents just across its southern borders in Syria and Iraq. Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu held an emergency meeting in Ankara with the interior minister and security chiefs. A senior official said "terrorist links" were suspected in the attack, but declined to comment further, Reuters reported.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels