No progress in political settlement of Donbas conflict, Kyiv avoids dialogue, - Churkin
Kyiv continues economic blockade of rebel-held territories, diplomat says
There's no progress in political settlement of Donbas conflict, as Kyiv deliberately avoids dialogue with representatives of so-called DPR and LPR. Russia's representative in the UN Security Council Vitaliy Churkin said this at the Council's meeting held in New York on December 11.
According to him, the only way to settle the conflict is to abide by the Minsk agreements. The Russian diplomat accused Ukrainian troops of breaching the ceasefire in the conflict zone, jamming OSCE drones fyling over the area and continuing the "economic blockade" of Donbas. "The tension grew in the last few weeks as Ukrainian troops attack the vicinities of Donetsk. That only makes the situation more complicated, as 2 million people reside in the areas located close to the frontline. The humanitarian situation is critical - the locals living near the frontline are cut from water and power supplies", Churkin said.
The Russian representative added that despite tense combat situation, certain progress was made as both sides withdraw their heavy weaponry, in particular, the artillery of caliber over 100 mm.
Churkin criticized the Ukrainian government, saying there was no tangible progress in political settlement of the conflict. "The ultimate solution of the conflict in Donbas depends on many things, including political will of all parties. That, unfortunately, Ukraine lacks", he said.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars