No Normandy Four meetings slated for near future, - Klimkin
The Ukrainian side expects reaction for its offers voiced out at the previous meeting
“No plans for a specific date so far. We need to understand whether the Russian side is ready to discuss specific offers”, Klimkin said.
He stressed that Ukraine expects reaction from the Russian side concerning Kyiv’s proposals at the last meeting of the Normandy Four in Paris – namely, about withdrawal of troops from the division line, full access for OSCE monitors to the militant-held areas of Donbas, including the Ukraine-Russia border.
“It would be complicated to plan the next meeting without understanding how to proceed in these issues”, the Minister said.
As 112 International reported, at the meeting in Paris on March 3, ministers of the Normandy Four discussed the agreements on security in eastern Ukraine, which were made during the meeting of Minsk Trilateral Group on March 2. The officials supported holding elections in Donbas in the first half of 2016, mine clearing in the specified areas, as well as the ban of military exercises near the division line in the combat area.
After the Normandy Four ministerial meeting, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said the sides never came to terms during the meeting, insisting that security must be maintained first in the region. According to him, Russia refuses to implement the Minsk agreements.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain