No decision on format of international tribunal yet, – MH17 investigative group
The investigation continues, Dutch ambassador says
The joint investigative group on the MH17 tragedy involving Ukraine, the Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia and Belgium still hasn’t agreed on the final format of the international tribunal on the case. Kees Klompenhouwer, Dutch ambassador to Ukraine said this in a commentary to UNIAN news agency. “There’s no decision on the format yet, but the investigation continues”, the ambassador said.
Earlier, in July this year, the UN Security Council supported the initiative of the five countries to create an international tribunal to bring to justice those responsible for the downing of the MH17 aircraft over eastern Ukraine in July 2014. Evidence proved by Ukrainian and foreign investigative authorities states that the plane was shot down by a Russian-made anti-aircraft missile. Russia then vetoed the respective decision of the UN Security Council.
Ukraine and its foreign partners continue to seek for other legal ways to bring the responsible of the tragedy to justice.
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas